Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Thought for Today


   One of the most common questions I hear is people wondering why the Latter-day Saint Church is different than any other Christian faith. I tend to focus on the Book of Mormon and how it can bless our lives. The link above is to an article by President Henry B. Eyring about how the Book of Mormon helps us in a very real way when we read it an strive to apply it to our lives. When we exercise our faith and read the scriptures or pray, we are showing God that we are willing to figure out and do what He wants us to do. He is then able to lead us and guide us through the Holy Spirit which brings us peace and comfort in the decisions we make.

1 comment:

  1. Irony = I printed that *same* article out before I started college and I carry it around with me in my folder. I read it fairly often. Makes me feel less lonely at school. :)
    Good choice Elder Gremmert. :)

    ReplyDelete