Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What Matters Most

Here is your "warm and fuzzy" moment for the week.  If you know me very well, you know that I hold my family and friends close to my heart. For a good example, here is a picture of my little brother Noah, I love him Sooooo much!  <3

He is such a stud!  Its amazing to just spent time with him and see how his own little personality works. Sometimes he is like little bits of all my brothers put together. I'm so excited to see him again, its going to be a blast!

This video is what turned my thoughts to my friends and family today. It shares a really amazing message from our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson.  I know that it is from 2009, but it is definitely always worth a minute and a half of your time to hear what he has to say here.

What Matters Most




With the recent holiday we had, I'm grateful that we all had the opportunity to spend some time with our friends and family, people that we care most about.  We all reflected on the wonderful blessing it is to live in this great country and have the freedoms we enjoy.  

In that same spirit, please remember to reach out to those around you and tell them how much they mean to you.  You may think something like this (as I often sometimes do) "Oh, they know." You need to tell them.  When Elder Richard G. Scott recently spoke in general conference, he gave the exact same council to the men and husbands in his audience.  
I will paraphrase what he said to make it applicable to all of us. If you are married I would encourage you to follow the above link and see what else Elder Scott has to say.

We need to express our love and gratitude for others.  Express that love and gratitude often.  They grow and are greatly blessed by the reassurance that you care about them. It will make life far richer and more pleasant and purposeful. Don’t withhold those natural expressions of love. And (as is appropriate to the situation) it works a lot better if you are holding them close while you tell them.

Please remember and focus on what matters most in your life.  If you are not sure, then please make the effort to find out.  Looking right around you at your family and friends is a good place to start.  Don't be afraid or hesitant to say "I love you."

As we grow together and express our love and gratitude for each other, we are filled with a spirit of love and charity, which is the pure love of Christ.  I am so grateful for the people in my life that I have that kind of relationship with.

No comments:

Post a Comment